This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, is processed by us. By visiting our website (www.3tcsoftware.co.uk) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We will collect and process the following data about you:
• Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site or by communicating with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register on our log in area, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter your details, and when you report a problem with our site or information you give us face to face. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
• Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
• technical information, including [the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform,;
• information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
3tc Software may use “cookies” in order to personalise delivery of content based on your experience with our website. When you enter www.3tcsoftware.com we may assign your computer browser a unique random number called a “cookie”.
Cookies enhance our website by allowing you faster access to the information you are seeking and by enabling us to provide suitable offers based on your experience with our site and products. Your privacy and security are not compromised when you accept a cookie from our website. A cookie simply contains a large random number which in itself does not contain any personal information and any information you submit in the registration section of the website will not be contained within the cookie data.
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. (Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.) If you reject all cookies, you may not be able to receive personalised information on our website.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
We will never pass your information to third parties for marketing purposes. We use information held about you in the following ways:
• Information you give to us. We will use this information:
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us. This sometimes involves working with subcontractors;
• to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about. We will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form] or the opt-out box on all such communication;
• to notify you about changes to our service;
• to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
• to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
• as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may interest you or them.
• Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
• Selected third parties including:
• business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you
• advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with generic information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
• analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of website use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of 3tc Software, our members, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
STORING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
RETAINING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.