Role Specific Details
We are looking for a mid-level developer, with 3+ years’ experience to work on the ongoing development, maintenance and modernisation of our established Incident Recording web-based product delivered to our Emergency Services customers.
The product is developed in ASP.NET 4.X, and we have a plan to migrate the product and architecture to the latest versions of .NET. This would suit someone who is happy to work on an older .NET product with a planned migration to newer ASP.NET 6 / 7. All skills for the migration can be learned along the path.
This product is deployed both on-prem, and in the Azure Cloud. Cloud is the focus for deployment in the future, and we are migrating existing customers to cloud based deployment. You will either have, or learn, cloud deployment, including docker.
You will be happy working as the primary developer, supported by the technical lead for the project, and where required, in conjunction with other engineers or contractors.
You will also work with our established Computer Aided Dispatch Scrum team to work on control room web applications for the Emergency Services. You will work with the product owner and the scrum team to develop the software, resolve issues, and turn customer requirements into deliverable products!
If you are a developer who wants to work in the latest tech stack right away, this role is unlikely to suit you. However, if you have ASP.NET skills and are happy to develop new skills, this could be the role for you.
React, TypeScript, SASS, Azure, Docker, REST, SOAP
This position is predominantly a remote position, but with the flexibility to occasionally come to our offices in Desford, near Leicester, where appropriate, for meetings, design sessions and so forth. Typically, you would not be required to attend the office, but there may be a need to come in for up to two days in a week.
Role and Responsibilities
- Strong Web development experience to build new and existing apps
- Responsible for best practices back end and front-end application design and development
- Evidencing strong technical qualities, with a passion for delivering leading edge software and innovative solution design
- Building and maintaining unit test suites
- Identification of performance issues – tuning accordingly
- Works well under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Team player: Strong team ethos, approachable, positive, and able to hit the ground running
- Collaborate with engineers across the organisation, continuously re-evaluating tooling and best practises with the company – Learning and keen to share knowledge
- Research emerging tools, trends, and methodologies – enhancing existing systems and processes
- Highly numerate and analytical, with experience working with databases, data analysis, fault analysis and reporting
- Confident and articulate; capable of strong collaboration with key stakeholders
- Experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP etc)
- Extremely organised and motivated, with a passion to drive results through quantitative and qualitative insight
- Ability to communicate with various stakeholders including senior management
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum environment
- Work with the Product Manager to ensure that we are fully aligned with the roadmap, feature releases and planning
- Cloud based architecture (preferably Microsoft Azure)
- Involved will all aspects of the software development lifecycle, from requirements refinement, through development and testing and assisting with deployment and fault-fixing