Role Specific Details
We are looking for a junior or mid-level developer to work on the development of our mission critical Computer Aided Dispatch product. This product is used by the Emergency Services to record and manage emergency and non-emergency incidents such as fires and police incidents.
You will work as part of an established Front End development scrum team developing software to the requirements defined by the Product Owner, and in conjunction with the experienced Technical Lead. The team also includes documenters and testers.
You will also work closely with the back-end scum team, developing your software against their C# .NET REST API.
This product is deployed both on-prem, and in the Azure Cloud. Cloud is the focus for this development project and all deployments in the future. You will either have, or learn, cloud deployment, including docker.
Electron, Azure, Docker, REST
This position is predominantly a remote position, but with the flexibility to occasionally come to our offices in Desford, near Leicester, where appropriate, for meetings, design sessions and so forth. Typically, you would not be required to attend the office, but there may be a need to come in for up to two days in a week.
Role and Responsibilities
- Strong Web development experience to build new and existing apps
- Responsible for best practices back end and front-end application design and development
- Evidencing strong technical qualities, with a passion for delivering leading edge software and innovative solution design
- Building and maintaining unit test suites
- Identification of performance issues – tuning accordingly
- Works well under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Team player: Strong team ethos, approachable, positive, and able to hit the ground running
- Collaborate with engineers across the organisation, continuously re-evaluating tooling and best practises with the company – Learning and keen to share knowledge
- Research emerging tools, trends, and methodologies – enhancing existing systems and processes
- Highly numerate and analytical, with experience working with databases, data analysis, fault analysis and reporting
- Confident and articulate; capable of strong collaboration with key stakeholders
- Experience with Web APIs (REST etc)
- Extremely organised and motivated, with a passion to drive results through quantitative and qualitative insight
- Ability to communicate with various stakeholders including senior management
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum environment
- Work with the Product Manager to ensure that we are fully aligned with the roadmap, feature releases and planning
- Cloud based architecture (preferably Microsoft Azure)
- Involved will all aspects of the software development lifecycle, from requirements refinement, through development and testing and assisting with deployment and fault-fixing