Permanent Leicester, United Kingdom
At 3tc Software we believe that people are important, which is why we ensure that our software helps them to do their jobs as efficiently as possible. We also offer add on services and hardware through our partners, which allows our customers to get everything they need through one trusted organisation. We are looking for a talented and passionate Project Manager to join our existing Operations team working on our strategic projects.
What are we looking for?
As a Project Manager, you will participate in the Deliverables of all our key products. The Project Manager must have an excellent understanding of managing and delivering complex and large projects, as well as managing a collection of projects. They must possess strong written and oral communications skills and the ability to deal effectively with people in a wide variety of situations. Additionally they must possess strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability. Proven ability to operate in extreme high–pressure situations, successfully handle multiple priorities and possess a high level of discipline while remaining flexible.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure that all projects are pro-actively managed, and that necessary information and documentation is kept up to date, and to ensure that necessary documentation is created or is available prior to the start of any project.
- Ability and responsibility to create and develop suitable plans to execute and control the delivery of the project and record commitments made to the customer. Keep meticulous records of changes made to plans, with supporting agreements, and re-baseline of the plan where appropriate.
- Ensure that in-life projects have defined milestones and are adequately planned, so that progress can be measured against each project.
- Liaise with key stakeholders to define project acceptance criteria – it is imperative that all parties understand what constitutes the end of the project.
- Responsible to plan initial and manage all ongoing project work, as well as delegation of tasks, and to ensure that projects are monitored, progressed ‘where possible’ and completed on-time and on-cost, monitoring any existing or planned expenditure.
- Responsible for changes to project plans through risk management and the ability to analyse risks. To ensure that any change is in-line with the business and customer expectation. To ensure that delivery updates are communicated and any
- Responsible for coordinating project activities, to action delivery updates and monitor actions as appropriate.
- Ensure that projects have the required resource at the right time.
- Maintain and update project documentation, including project trackers, risk registers, fault and change requests, client and supplier commercial agreements, status reports, project plans and client/supplier correspondence.
- Provide project financial information in line with the commercial agreements – including authorisation of payment of invoices, raising of purchase orders, invoicing instructions, project cash flow, and to monitor/report on hours booked against all projects.
- Responsibility for risk management by obtaining relevant information relating to progression of tasks on an on-going basis. Compare developments against planned progress. Identify any future deviations against key milestones within each project plan.
- Conduct root cause analysis for any problem areas.
- Conduct post-project review sessions, and record lessons learnt to ensure continuation of best practices. As well as to identify any key improvements that can be implemented within the wider business.
- Management of clients and their expectations during the project. Make any arrangements for the customers, including organising and running project workshops and planning any project events.
- Ensure that all projects are successfully transitioned into the support team for on-going maintenance.
- Be the source of escalation for any matters that need to be raised to the line manager or project board.
- Prepare various project reporting to the line manager.
- Assist in the co-ordination and booking of travel arrangements.
- Maximise project profitability and minimising life cycle operating costs for all projects.
- Maximise additional sales opportunities associated with each project.
- Responsible for co-ordination of projects within the business.
- Balance project cash flow and sub–contractor management throughout the life of the project.
- Accountable for own KPI’s to measure project success.
- Ensuring ISO quality standards are maintained and improved.
- 2+ years’ experience, with a PRINCE2 Practitioner project management qualification or of equivalence.
- Previous experience of working within software development, with appreciation of the software development environment and current development techniques.
- Experience of managing complex and large projects, as well as a collection of projects.
- Computer literate with exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Project and Excel, with mid-level knowledge of other Microsoft Office applications and the internet.
- Familiarity of commercial agreements and client demands.
- Ability to take overall responsibility for controlling costs and meeting tight deadlines driven by cost budgets and customer requirements
- Experience in managing a range of different suppliers and internal staff to achieve tight project deadlines
- Strong customer relationship skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to communicate at all levels both internally and externally
- Experience of working with emergency services or public sector organisations would be advantageous.
- Former experience of Agile project management techniques.
- Experience of working in a small, high growth, fast paced, high tech business would be an advantage.
- User knowledge or ability to learn basic functionality of 3tc Software’s product range
Front-end Developer – Job Profile
Permanent Leicester, United Kingdom
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for best practices of front-end application design and development
- Building and maintaining unit test suites
- Affective utilisation of design patterns
- Identification of performance issues – tuning accordingly
- Work closely with peers to define coding standards
- Identify and resolution of code smells
- Works well under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Prioritisation of own workload
- Effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Peer code reviews
- Coaching and mentoring of lower grade developers
- Team player
- Highly self-motivated
- Collaborate with engineers across the organisation, continuously re-evaluating tooling and best practises with the company – Learning and sharing ideas
- Research emerging tools, trends, and methodologies – enhancing existing systems and processes
- Experience with IIS
- Experience working with multi-threading application
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience with defect tracking software (preferably JIRA)
- Experience with resilient enterprise software
- Experience debugging application through logs and stack traces
- Experience with C#, Web Services (REST, SOAP etc..)
- Infrastructure knowledge
- Cloud based architecture (preferably Microsoft Azure)
*We already have a number of pre-approved agencies working for us. No agencies please.