We are looking for a talented and passionate Support Engineer to join our existing Operations team working on strategic products.
As a Support Engineer, you will participate in the Support and Maintenance of all our key products.
This position is based at our offices in Desford (Leicester).
What we are looking for:
• 5+ years’ experience working within a team supporting software applications/systems via e-mail and telephone.
• Excellent understanding of application support.
• Logical approach to problem solving and investigation.
• Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem-solving ability.
• Proven ability to operate in high pressure situations, successfully handle multiple priority incidents and possess a high level of discipline while remaining flexible.
• Comfortable working as part of an On-Call rota.
• Proven ability to communicate in writing and verbally, at all levels both internally and customer facing.
• Willingness to learn the latest technologies, as per the requirements of the business.
• Willingness to occasionally travel to customer sites (at business expense).
• Experience of managing services and environments, that require consistent availability and have specific user, customer, or business requirements.
• The ability to understand customer requirements, user workflows, business logic and the downfalls of a poor user experience.
• Experience solving problems in a technical environment, ideally for internal users and external customers.
• Former experience of network and communication troubleshooting.
• Experience working in a fast paced, agile, and quality driven technology focused business.
• Ability to understand the logical flow of programming through reading C (#/+/++), T-SQL or other development languages at a prominent level (Not Developer level).
• Experience of emergency services environments, such as control rooms, operational or business experience within FRS, EMT or Police fields.
• An understanding of the ITIL Service Desk Framework.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
• Maintain excellent levels of customer satisfaction by providing excellent support in line with our internal and external SLAs to a high quality.
• Ensure that all issues are investigated, logged, and dealt with and that adequate information is captured and recorded as it happens.
• Investigation and resolution of in-life issues related to our software products and managed service solutions, both directly with customers and through service management partners.
• Effectively managing multiple incident, problem and known issue tickets alongside each other, whilst maintaining SLA adherence.
• Communicating effectively with customers, IT representatives, and partner support teams.
• Updating and maintaining internal support reference systems software and solutions, as well as carrying out updates on managed service customer sites.
• Handling UAT tickets from software releases and working with our development teams to find adequate solutions to UAT failures.